Saturday, July 08, 2006

Outreaches


We are holding two outreaches every week and God is continually showing up and lives are being impacted dramatically.

(That is me preaching - Felito is translating as well as one of the student pastors)

My first weekend home, I went on an over night outreach, to a village on the outskirts on Cabo Delgado and Nampula. God moved mightily! We held one outreach meetings on the Sunday evening, then one on Monday morning and also in the afternoon shared with the leaders of the church that we planted while I was here in Pemba for the mission’s school. The church tripled in numbers after the weekend outreach. We saw many miracles such as back pain gone, babies with malaria and high temperatures gone, blind eyes opened! Many came to know Jesus as their saviour and king! Its just so exciting seeing Mozambique reached village by village. Every time we go out of the centre people are being touched by the love of the father!

Village Outreach
These outreaches have been a total blast!
A couple of Fridays ago I went into a local village next to our Iris Centre 2! It was the first time I’d visited since I have returned and it was so wonderful to have the kids greet me and some of my friends I had made previously remember me and call my name! Everywhere I went I heard “Salama, Mana Ana” or “Ola, Mana Ana”, so that was awesome! This particular village is the biggest village here in this area of Pemba. So I didn’t make it far. But I am looking forward to this coming Friday to go and visit everyone again, learn to cook and also invite them to church! I visited one particular family, whose kids spent a lot of time with me while I was attending the school of missions. But I found out that their father has had to leave Pemba and move to Monterpuz to find work and he has gone over 3 months and on top of that these five kids all have scabies, head lice and nasty infections on their arms and legs. I have invited them all to come to the school when it starts. This will be their only chance at an education. I am treating them every day and also giving them food and water! It breaks my heart – but life here in Pemba is simple, but hard for many! Going without a meal or a day or more is a common reality for some.

Odd Spot
There are only ten horses here in Mozambique! Four of them live in Nampula and the owner very kindly donated one horse to us to use until we are able to buy one! His name is Ben and he only speaks Portuguese. We have started a horse programme with some of the older children to help with rehabilitation and reintegration back into society. We had three girls come for just over a month. The changes in the older kids have been almost instant!

No comments: