Sunday, April 17, 2005

mmm....its been a long time

Well, havent written in like totally ages, and a lot has happend!

I love Felito - my handsome boyfriend, who loves God with such a passion! His vision to see people walking with with God is so inspiring! (amoung other things). Hard to beleive that in just under 6 weeks that I will be seeing my beloved face to face, is a feeling hard to shake! To feel his hand in mind - priceless - brings a smile to my face!

Being out to Riversdale and caught up with Uncle Grim and Auntie Kate from Camp Anderson (Learn n Live Ministries) - must admit it was real hard going out there again. Havent been in over 18 months! It was like walking into a time capsule - all the memories came flooding in - good and bad! We walked along the beach - my favourite thing to do, which stired every possible emotion! Its so healing, relaxing, just getting away from the hussle and bussle of city life and retreat to the sea which is calming and peaceful. I love camp, its such a special place and has a place in my heart! Then in the evening went and watched the Hot Air Balloon Festival. Ok, thought it was only for old folks, but honestly, it was good. The balloons were huge and beauitful and graceful! They danced to music - was cool. The fireworks at the end were stunning! I love them - reminds me of my childhood in Aussie, carefree summer days!

My dog Kayla had to be put down as she was ill. Actually she had two tumors, one in her tummie and the other in her liver! That was a sad day for us all! She was such a great dog - very loving, caring, sweet natured and not to mention loyal.
Has been hard adjusting to not having sweet, Kayla around. Hard walking in from a long day at work with my Kayla to greet you at the door, or wanting cudles just so she can be around you a bit longer before bedtime! Must admit, its lonely going for walks on my own!
So the Barber household is petless - first time I remember not having a pet in the house, its very werid.

Went and visited my Grandmother (Gran) in Masterton! Well, I got off the train and the questions started. I was grulled for over 4 hours on just about everything you could ever possibly think about of! Questions on dreams, the future, God, love, life, Felito, Holy Spirit, Africa, Felito, Iris Ministiries, School of Missions, being in Canada, Felito and Africa. Oh, did I metion Felito and going to Africa! I felt I'd being kidnaped and taken ransom and was put under a light and had to answer the questions...lol...Gran - she must love me...but I did get a nice dessert though!...lol...

Also, this weekend I went to my friends house - ELLA from good ole Eketahuna and preached! Wow! Was so nervous - was werid preaching and not having friends around from SoM - I kept expecting them to come in! But God came and people were touched! Did soaking for ministry time - the sweet heavy loving presence of God filled the room! People silently wiping the tears from their face, as Jesus wisphered into their hearts how much he loved them and wants to be with them! The joy of seeing the revelation move from their head into their heart, that God wants to be involved in their lives, that he wants to know them, he cares for them and loves them so very much! That is so priceless!

Not to mention have a meeting with the elders in two weeks time, about going to Mozambique! Am going to share my heart with them! As I want to go under the churches covering and submit to them - yes, I have told them that before, but I dont think they beleive me when I say that! Want to show them wonderful photos of stunning Mozambique and the beautiful people who live their!

I shall sign off now - Goodbye

No comments: