Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My Life is not my Own

So I crave for a life of purpose and adventure. How does one live a life like that? We serve a mightly God! A King, who gave his life for me - what does he get in return? My LIFE!

I see these movies of wars, geniocides in Africa. Oh, how it breaks my heart! How can people not be moved? How can people watch and not do a thing about it - they just change the channel. I feel they then dont deserve to know what is going onto humankind - the very race that Jesus died for! Oh, let His death not be in vain!

I see this horrid stuff, I hear the stories and cry with them - almost wanting to bleed with them. I then wonder and imagine what it would be like to experience what they went thru and going thru. To share their greif, sorrow and pain? I have no understanding of that. How to understand? Go and sit with them, listen to them, hold their hand - they need to know that someone cares, even if they dont understand, a hug and smile is better than changing the channel.

I guess my thought and question is who will go? To hold, to love, to comfort, to heal, to serve? My answer - is ME, I will go. Will you come?
Why? These people need a touch! Someone has to make a difference - a simle difference. It could be just as easy as lightening the load, brigthening a dull day or God moving so powerfully they are healed and saved! Everyone needs Jesus!

OK, so I need to explain myself? YES! God impacted me so very much, while I was in Mozambique studying as a missions student. In fact God challenged me! I prayed, I listened, I watched and I answered Him. I am no longer myself, but a daughter of the King. His price has been made, now mine must be made. I give up and let go and say HERE I AM - SEND ME!

Its all about LOVE! Perhaps one of the most mis-used words in the world.
I, Anna Barber, now a laid-down lover, a missionary! Yes - I am going to be working Iris Ministires in Pemba, Mozambique.

My life is not my own - I live for another! - Its all about LOVE

No comments: