Sunday, March 20, 2005

A dream is worth living

Argh!...God is so brillantly amazing! I've never screamed so loud in my life...

Ok, so I need to backtrack a bit. I had applied to go to Iris Ministries International School of Missions, and I was on a waiting list due to accomodation. So I was like mega praying and hoping and wishing and praying some more! Then last nite I got an email to say, that they had not received my organial application - I was so guttered! So I tried to email it again, only to find that the file was too big! They can only recieve 40k and mine was almost 50k - so I spent most of evening trying to reduce the file, by cutting things out and reading to see if there was any repeatition! After mid-nite I gave up and went to bed, I was so tired. I thought that my brain would function better in the morning after a sleep and recover from a very busy week at work!

So, I'm up in the morning! I boggled around a bit, eating breakfast, made cup of tea for fam members, talked to Kayla (the dog), then decided that I would check my mails before I would have another go at my application! So I opened my mail and found that Iris SoM had emailed me! My heart was pumping fast, and I was excited and nervous at the same time. I was too chicken to open up the email, so I opend up another one first, then half way thru reading it, I couldn't handle it anymore and opend up the email from Iris SoM! Well, I read it thru, was a bit confused, so read it again! Then I read the words "dear applicant, you are now accepted as a student", I read it again, and again, took a couple of times for it to register! I AM GOING!!! I thought to myself! This exictment, grew up from deep within my tummy...then my lungs filled with air and came out of my mouth (that was already open - wide open) and boy did I scream!! It was so loud my little brother went pale - thinking I'd read bad news! I was like, speechless and excited at the same time! The words did first come out of mouth and I had to calm myself down! I was shaking, couldnt stoping smiling and laughing, and shaking, and jumping up and down and running around the house! I could have run a marthon and probably won! My reaction after a while was to run thru my street and yell at the top of my lungs and wake all the neighbours up and then pray for them! Oh, being able to go to Iris SoM is such a huge DREAM come true! Words cant express my joy, excitment! I just cant wait to go, I wish I could click my heals together 3 times and I'd be there!

I went out to lunch with my brother and his girlfriend, and everytime I thought about it, I just wanted to jump and clap with excitment! God is so good! Its so funny - everytime I look around, and I see people who are from Africa, I feel instantly like I know them, and wanting to run and give them a hug - they would prob look at me rather oddly, but hey!

Jesus! I love you and I thank you so very much! This is such a dream come true! God is so inrediable, amazing, joyful, faithful! THANK YOU SO MUCH LORD! You rock dude!!

To be able to go to Africa - a dream since I was a child, when I first heard about my favourite missionary Mary Slessor, my heart was beating, my eyes became bright and my mind alert! I knew that is where I wanted to go! Like when words jump off a page and you get a revelation from God and you know your answer - that is how I feel about going to Africa! To be able to hold those dear children in my arms, to tell them stories etc...oh, my heart is melting just thinking about it! To see the hundreds (if not thousands) of hungry, hurting, lonely, sick people, all crowed in, to hear the voice of God - to recive Him as their father, someone who will love, heal their sickness and take away their pain...wow, that is such a precious moment, and brings a smile to my face! What an honour to work for Jesus! I can picture everything in my mind now - wow! God is so amazing! But going to Africa means so much more, not just to meet amazing and beautiful people, to see them walk into the arms of Jesus, to see them healed, it also means I can see my handsome, amazing, God-loving man of God, Felito Utuie - my boyfriend, whom I love so very much!

God you rock! Thank you so much, for totally everything, my family, my job, my handsome boyfriend, being able to go to Iris SoM - you are such a dream maker! I love you and praise you and thank you again!

My dream, is no longer a dream, its reality and I am living it!

No comments: