Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Returning to the Land of the Long White Cloud

The trip back to NZ, was long, but I meet some amazing people and made two new friends, I also meet my sisters Pastor in Sydney - so we had a great chat on the way to warm and windy Wellington. So its back to life in SUNNY NZ, enjoying the warm weather, going for long walks along the river and beach, not to metion soaking up the sun and eating all the fruit I can get my hands onto! What a life! What can I say, I live in paradise...lol... (Right now I am sitting in the lounge with all the windows open, enjoying the sun & drinking, wait for it ladies and gents - Feijoa juice!)

Being back in NZ, is ok. Has been so great seeing family and friends and spending some quality time with my pets, whom I have missed terribly. Church is...welll, its not TACF, but God is still here! God is really teaching me about HIM, knowing him deeper, his thoughts and his smiles, what makes his heart pump and beat fasta and also where his love is! Finding him, his presence in the smallest things and things we even take for granted...like the sunrise, the sunset, the flowers, the smile from a loved one etc.. and then chain of life...its been inspiring. I have finially got a job, which is keeping me nice and busy, and am looking for some weekend/evening work...but I know that God will supply! Sometimes it feels as if I never even left, and other times, it feels that I was away for more than a year! The Hutt Valley has changed so much, I feel like a tourist walking around. Quite odd really asking people for directions to the local store, the gym, where to buy phone cards and asking for a measure tape to work out my size! Then they ask - What a nice accent - where are you from? I always just smile and give a little giggle, and then promptly change the subject, as I am too embarresed to let them know that I am actually a kiwi.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

hey hunnie!
Glad to hear your doing well and i miss you tons!!!
Have a great week!
Nicole

Jewels said...

YAY! You have a blog! Yahoo! Welcome to the blog world! Miss you TONS AND TONS! I LOVE your accent! :> A mix of two wonderful countries. Canada and NZ. :>