Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Words from the Heart on Paper

I received part of this letter from Heidi Baker - wow! She wrote her heart - the words describe the feeling...wow! I picture everything! It brought light to my eyes, a smile to face, my head shaking, I am going to this place! I am speechless, my mouth is dry. God is faithful and incredible. Let God impact you and His Holy Spirit fill you as you read!

I read it, my heart beat faster and faster - I feel like that, she removed the words from heart!

The more I read, the more I want to be like Jesus!

Below is Heidi sharing her heart!



After seven weeks of traveling and fourteen conferences in a row, I am so ready and eager to come home to my beloved Pemba and my beautiful African children. Jesus has called me to speak to the Western church as well, but my heart cries to sit with my Makua people, learn their language, and be surrounded again by the happy, excited faces of my Mozambican family. I long to be back in the bush, winning Moslems to Jesus whole villages at a time. I started my itinerary in Sierra Leone, now surpassing Mozambique as the poorest country in the world. The Craigs from Ireland did a fabulous job of organizing an evangelistic outreach. Nearly every church in the city cooperated, and we were joined by friends from around the world. We all taught pastors and prayed for the sick. The Lord called me to stay in my room to fast and pray during the day. The first two nights of the large outdoor meetings, we were breaking through and contending for more of the presence of the Lord. The third night the Lord began to fulfill a vision that I have repeatedly been seeing. There was a large football field full of people, and after I preached thousands of people gave their hearts to the Lord. As I began to pray for the healing anointing to come, the Lord spoke to me, saying that if I stayed low, He would walk across the field and pour oil upon the people, and heal them. The whole crowd knelt down, and the miraculous happened: there was silence in Africa!!! Not a baby cried, no one stirred. Total silence. I felt the weighty glory of the Lord Jesus falling upon me and the crowd as oil ran down my arm. After some time the Lord began to tell and show me what was happening as I knelt down with my eyes closed on the platform. The blind saw, the deaf heard, the crippled walked as Jesus Himself walked through the crowd. Then lines formed as many came forward to give their testimonies to the glory of God. This is surely what I am created for. I am believing for a million souls to come to Jesus this year. Thank you for keeping in touch and especially for praying for me.
Much love in Jesus, Heidi
Doesnt that stir you? Doesnt that move you? Doesnt that make your heart beat? Dosent that make your mind swell? Above, that is what I want! That is inspiriaton to the core! That is what I long for! I must decrease and you must increase Lord! More of your power, more of your spirit in me!

No comments: