Saturday, October 15, 2005

Africa, here I come......

Well, well...... here is the story so far!!!

I have been back in NZ for about 6 weeks and I finially have job as a temp thru Hudson working at the BNZ! So, that being said, I am now on track returning to my beloved Pemba and family! Oh, joy of all joys! I have the spring back in step....LOL....(truely - I do!)

Anyways, so we contacted our flight agent and there is good news and news that makes me take a second to comprehend. Basically, if I want to return to Pemba before Christmas, without the flights being so expensive, I have a choice of two dates in November! Either the 11th or 18th! So, to cut a couple of hours down of the story (with unfolded on the phone), I have to decide which date I want to leave.... so yeah! Decision deadline - next tuesday! OK - that anit to stressful to decide.... BUT the saga goes on - but it gets better - believe you me, it gets better!!!!

OK, so - like I said, I was talking to my flight agent and if I decide to fly with the earlier date, I arrive in Joberg on Sunday and there are no flights to Pemba until Wednesday - when he said this, I was like "bummer" - but as I listened on, he made me smile and wanted to give him a kiss and a hug..... He said, he would try and increase my luggage allowance from 20Kg to 30kg (ok so that is the kiss), but wait there is more! My good flight agent has given me some ideas to spend my down time in Joberg - like go on a 3-day Safari in Kruger National Park and also a chance to visit Soweto! (that was the hug) - so as you can imagne I was all smiles and jumping up and down with excitment until he told me the price.... basically I need to come up with almost and xtra NZ$2000! So that is my dilema! But in talking to my parents, they are keen on me to travel around South Africa more than Africa, so they are going to pray and see if they might be able to give me some money towards my 4 xtra days in Joberg! Parents are such a blessing!! :)

And to top things off, my friend Ella (from Eketahuna) has just been accepted as a visitor to Iris Ministries in Pemba and we might be flying together back home - if she decides to come now or next year.

Anways, I am so very excited.... I cant wait to leave NZ and return to my beloved family in Pemba and live the good life with my children! And not to mention to start living with Catia and working with beautiful Tesia and go to the beach and play with the kids..... oh, life in Pemba is great!

That is me - OUT

No comments: